My New Year’s Resolution (as usual) involved tidying up and making room to work.
This Resolution then collided with Reality and caused a Dilemma.
To read about The Dilemma, please skip The Giveaway and scroll down.
If I continue to create more printables (and try them out) I am going to have even less space.
So, if you would like a set of 6 miniature magazines, or the theatre (or both) please leave a comment at the bottom of this post letting me know if you would like the set of magazines made from –
- Basic supermarket paper
- Best quality eucalyptus paper (the paper does not smell, it is just paper made from fast-growing, “sustainable” wood)
- Premium coated paper
- the theatre
(you can, of course, also say something else like – “nice idea” – “are you mad?” – “more please!” – “when are you going to do a new printable?” etc.)
One comment per person, please.
If you would like the theatre and a set(s) of magazines, please say so in one comment.
When someone leaves a comment I will write their name and number on a piece(s) of paper and, depending on what they would like, that numbers will go into one of four separate bags.
The winners will be picked at random on Sunday (oops Sorry ! SATURDAY) 2nd February 2013, at midday (UK time).
(Remember, one comment each please. If you would like the theatre and 1/2/3 set(s) of magazines, I will make sure that your number is put in each bag.)
Please be aware –
- When WordPress sends me notification that someone leaves a comment, they also include the sender’s email address – I never store, share or keep that email address.
- I will contact the four winners via the comments on this blog (anyone who looks will be able to see who has won, and what).
- I will also contact the winner(s) by the email address supplied by WordPress. At this point the winner(s) will need to give me a delivery address – I will not store, share or keep that delivery address.
- I will put the magazines and theatre in the post as soon as possible, but delivery may take up to 14 days or, if the weather is bad where you live, even longer.
I haven’t blogged for ages and this is my third blog post in under 24 hours.
What is going on ?
I did start to write an explanation and, after I had filled three sides of A4 paper, I concluded that a list was easier to read.
- Thanks to the nice person who commented a couple of days ago, asking about printables, I started to feel guilty
- I am a terrible record keeper (and I have been very busy)
- This blog is supposed to make me keep track of what I am doing (it’s not working)(and I have been very busy)
- I think blogging about “what I made this week” is Monumentally Boring (and I have been very busy)
- I like making things (and I have been very busy)
- I am interested in what other people make (I am never too busy for this)
- I like being able to share things to do and make (sometimes I wish there were more hours in the day)
- So do I –
- Make kits? This is not cost-effective – for me, or the person paying postage
- Make downloadable plans that have to be paid for? I doubt very much that anyone would buy them AND, even if they did, they would not be cost-effective for me
- Make printable freebies for this blog? These are expensive time-wise and I can’t do them every week, but they do give me a chance to try out some ideas and they are a lot more fun than “blogging”
What do I do with the examples I make for the blog ?!?!?!
- Bin them? – I hate throwing things away – even failed projects have a box of their own ( Get a Grip, Elizabeth – you do not have space for another box !!!!)
- Sell them? – 9 times out of 10 – this is not going to be cost-effective – for me, or the person paying postage
- Give them away? – How?!?!?!? – I don’t belong to a miniaturist’s club, I am not going to any fairs soon/this year/ever again, and you’d be amazed how many people I know who Do Not Have The Slightest Interest in Dolls’ House Miniatures…
So I investigated the Online Giveaway Process – (and started to feel worried)
- Rafflecopter, etc. = data capture (I do hope everyone keeps a separate email address especially for entering giveaways)
- Facebook app thingy = you have got to be joking !!! (Advertising gone mad, why should everyone know what everyone else buys?)
- Etsy Giveaway??? – Etsy provides a page full of links to individual blogs. They don’t host them.
Full circle back to this blog.